January 20, 1850
The original church was too small so plans were made to build a larger one. This is cornerstone still in Martinsville. Construction started under Fr. Eusebius Hensler who was the first resident pastor at St. Martin’s, but was halted as the Civil War broke out and the parish had five different pastors in four years.
June 20, 1869
The present St. Martin of Tours Church was dedicated. Within four years, the rectory and convent were added.
In June of 1950 the Parish Celebrated its centennial anniversary. Bishop William O’Conner came and gave praise to the more than 250 area residents that filled the church. Rev. Clarence Stoffel celebrated the Solemn High Mass and a dinner was served afterwards as well as a picnic held on the church grounds that afternoon